Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

the results of too much coffee and never wanting to grow up (Peter Pan style)

I would consider myself a pretty mature person.
I'm talking about a child who made sure everyone in the car was buckled and always opted for the children's section at the bookstore over the candy shop. 
But there are some things that I will never be too old for. 
I don't think I will ever outgrow ordering off the kid's menu (A perfect portion size and like 10 bucks cheaper? Yes please. Maybe if this option was available to all ages, we could put a dent in the obesity of Americans. Okay, probably not. But still.)
AND I will never be too old for fort building. Because, let's be real, there's just something about forts that makes everyone happy. 
I'm not sure if it's the teamwork involved, comfy pillows, feeling of an old quilt, fairy lights, or the fact that it still resides in the corner of our living room that make this fort the best one yet.  
Warning: There was an excessive amount of Starbucks consumed and trail mix (aka chocolate) involved in the making of this fort. This particular tactic is recommended but not necessary. No harm was done in the process. At least, that's what we tell our parents.






Like I said, there's just something about a fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment