Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

taco casserole

I cooked the other night. This is a big deal considering the fact that I rarely have time to cook because I still live in the dorm. Without an oven. or a dishwasher. or a washer. or a dryer. Can you tell I'm ready to live in an apartment? 
I made taco casserole (adapted from this recipe). I've made it before and let me tell you, it was just as good the second time around. 
Ingredients:
I lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I used the mexican blend)
1 cup salsa
tortilla chips
rice (I used the microwavable Spanish rice)
1 can Rotel (optional)

Directions:
Brown ground beef, drain, and mix in taco seasoning
Line the bottom of the pan with the chips (crushed up usually works better)
After microwaving the rice, pour the rice, the salsa, and the cheese in a bowl and mix together
Pour this over the chips, along with the beef
Sprinkle remaining cheese and Rotel on the top
Put in oven at 375 until the cheese is melted

The original recipe called for beans, onions, and black olives. If you want to get all fancy, go for it. But the recipe also did not originally include rice. So choose wisely.

1 comment:

  1. Next year we won't have to eat flatbreads from the village every day!

    ReplyDelete