Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

World Cup



I have played and watched soccer my whole life. I knew every name on the women's team, read soccer books, and practiced juggling in my spare time. I remember that my dream job was to be a soccer missionary. Needless to say, I was a bit obsessed. When I was about 12 years old, I had the opportunity to be a ball girl for the women's team during one of their practices in Birmingham. I even talked to Mia Hamm. It went something like this...
(she came to the sideline where I was to get some water)
MIA: Hey, thanks for helping us today.
ME: Yeah. I did my book report on you. (Cause that's the proper response and not creepy at all)
MIA: Oh really? Well I hope you got an A!
(she runs back to practice)
So I'm pretty much part of the team.
Anyways, the World Cup made me think about my soccer days. Even though I miss a lot about soccer, there are many reasons to be thankful that my soccer days are over. I know that God has a plan for me and I am so grateful for a college experience that is not consumed by endless practices. 
AND I can't wait to watch the big game on Sunday, yell at the t.v., and cheer on the U.S. of A

2 comments:

  1. "I did my book report on you" is the best response I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always did my book reports on missionaries. Classic.

    ReplyDelete