Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Library

I love to read.

I've loved to read since before I could read.  In Elementary School, I would go to the school library multiple times a day cause I'd read entire books in one day.  Now, I really have to control myself because once I start a good book I'm pretty useless until it's finished.

Vestavia just built a new library.  And I'm the girl who knows my JCLC card number from memory.  And this new library just happens on my old street.  Let's just say if it'd been built while I was still living on Round Hill Road, I might have taken up permanent residence there.

The new library is a fresh building nestled up in the "woods."  And I say this with quotations because, let's face it, it's Vestavia, it's not real woods.  

I've been going to the library quite a bit this summer to study.  It's just such a nice place to get away from the craziness at my house.  My only quibble is that I wish it had the same hours as the good ole RBD library in Auburn.  I got kicked out at 5 pm this afternoon.  I don't hit my stride 'till after 6.

I think being surrounded by books just helps me think more clearly.  I've even claimed my own table.  It's right by the wall of windows, so the sunlight is quite nice in the afternoon.  (Although there have been days I've worn my sunglasses inside... too bright for my eyes to handle.)

The afternoon storms are the best.  One day I thought I might blow away.

my view of the library from my table

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, I love going to that library too! It's much less cramped than the old one. Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That library is the best thing that's ever happened to the VHills. Ever. Why not while we were still in high school?!

    ReplyDelete