Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

put on yer snake boots.

10 points if you read that title in a redneck accent.
Well this past weekend was full of mother-daughter bonding. After an afternoon at the antique store, we got inspired and decided to make some of our own creations. This required a trip to the barn, which is full of rats, bugs, and snakes. So we did what any rational person would do…
Put on snake boots and brought someone with a gun.

I know..we're a good lookin' group
All for the sake of art. And I'm glad to say that there were no injuries and we came out with lots of treasures! Basically, we should be on American Pickers.

After some thought and a little paint, we made lots of these bulletin boards:
And mom got inspired to make these cool crosses out of random stuff we found:


After seeing the idea of printing silhouettes on book pages on pinterest (I'M OBSESSED), I decided to print some of my own pictures on old sheet music. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and thought it turned out pretty well:
Our last project of the weekend was to turn regular mason jars into vintage ones using this tutorial. If you decide to do this, my advice is to wear disposable gloves because my fingernails are still green from the paint. This is before the jars dried:
We made a couple of other goodies too, but I think this post is long enough already.
War Eagle.

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide which project I'm more obsessed with.

    The big question is... did you make anything out of your new snakeskin??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay y'all are hysterical!!!! Love it.

    And I am in LOVE with so many of the art projects. Love the style for sure.

    ReplyDelete