Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

How Great Thou Art

Anyone that knows me well knows that I'm absolutely obsessed a long-term, dedicated fan of Fox's American Idol.  I have followed every season except the first, so if you do the math this leaves me watching approximately 5 DAYS' WORTH of American Idol (9 seasons, 40 episodes/season, 1hr/episode).  Granted this doesn't include the seasons I watched via youtube because of soccer practices, games, studying, and church.  American Idol and I have been through a lot.  The good (Carrie Underwood) and the bad (William Jung).  The motown/gospel powerhouse (Melinda Doolittle) and the strange bird that makes me wonder why I watch this show (Sanjaya Malakar). The dueling Davids (David Archuleta vs. David Cook) and the one-hit-wonder (Jason Castro's Hallelujah).  The screamers (Adam Lambert) and the guys to got kicked off WAY too early (Michael Johns).  And the true artists (Kris Allen, David Cook, Lee Dewyze, Casey Abrams).  As for this season, go Scotty!!  But all of this is beside the point.


Carrie Underwood rocks.  Further, her performance of "How Great Thou Art" with Vince Gill this past Friday rocks.  I don't care if you hate American Idol, hate country music, or hate how beautiful she is, this song is powerful.  I think I had chills 75% of the time.  I've always liked this girl, but now I'm convinced she has the voice of an angel.



Preach it, sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment