Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

spring break take 2

After getting picked up from Port St. Joe on Thursday, my mom, my sister, and I headed to Apalachicola to take pictures of the cute little town (Go here to see pictures!) and then drove to the beach house in Panama City.
At the beach...

A third grader asks me if I play any sports. I explain to her that I played soccer in high school but now I don't. She responds: "Oh. Well, you look like a cheerleader." The same girl also said that I looked like I was 12. Cool. 

We go to Pier Park to eat lunch and shop. Isabelle wants to separate so she can buy me a birthday present. I tell her not to waste any money by getting me something useless. 15 minutes later, Mom and Isabelle come out of the store with 2 huge wooden sticks. Responding to the expression on my face, Isabelle looks at me and says, "Rain sticks are NOT useless." Wow. 

Isabelle finds a starfish and names it Psyche. Despite my objection, they decide to try and bring the starfish back to Birmingham and raise it. BAD IDEA. Rest In Peace, Psyche. 

To top off a wonderful spring break, I come home to find a princess balloon and an Ariel cake waiting for me (Thanks Daddy!) which proves my point that one should ever have to grow up.  

1 comment:

  1. Isabelle said to tell you that you spelled "psyche" wrong ...it does not have an "e" on the end!

    ReplyDelete