Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Call the fire department

So it's been one of those weeks where luck isn't going my way. In fact, luck is actually sprinting in the opposite direction. Here's my proof:
Monday.
After class, I come back to the dorm and decide to make some popcorn.
Put the bag in the microwave and set the timer for three minutes and walk back to my room.
Return to the kitchen after ONE minute to see smoke everywhere and smell burnt popcorn.
React.  ME "Umm i think i just set off the fire alarm." CAROLINE(from her room): "No you didn't"...(walks into the kitchen) Oh yepp."
Ridiculously high-pitched noise emerges from our room. It stopped. I begin to relax. Maybe I didn't set it off? Nope, a few seconds later the Fire Alarm Goes off. Awesome.
I admit to everyone that the cause of having to leave the dorm in the middle of prime nap time is because of me and my stupid popcorn.
Come back to the room to find the bag of popcorn gone. Maybe the firemen took it for evidence?
Still to be determined...


Today.
I finally find time to officially change my major to English. This requires me going to the office of the College of Education, getting my folder (filled with my entire college career), and taking it to the office of College of Liberal Arts. Sounds simple, right? Wrong.
11:35 AM: Go to the Ed. office and fill out the transfer form. They tell me to take it to the college I'm tranferring into. No big deal.
11:40 AM: Arrive at Liberal Arts office, only to find it closed for lunch. Cool.
A lady sees me looking in the office and sees that I'm changing my major. She proceeds to tell me that the College of Liberal Arts just stopped accepting applications on February 28th and not again until April 1st. Well that's convenient. She says that I need to take my folder back to the College of Education so I don't get kicked out of school (Not her exact words).
11:50 AM: I go back to the Education office. They close for lunch at 11:45. Typical. Starting to get a little frustrated. Go to my dorm to take a shower.
12:45 PM: Get back to the Education office as soon as they open back up. The lady tells me I need to wait to see an advisor. Apparently she's on the phone. I wait...
1:45 PM: My impatience grows. Is she really still on the phone?? I ask the lady how much longer she thinks it will be. She goes to her office to check on the progress. She comes back to tell me that my advisor will be busy the rest of the day. You could've told me that an hour ago. But okay, I JUST NEED TO GIVE YOU BACK THIS DANG FOLDER (I didn't actually use those exact words). She tells me that there's nothing she can do for me and I will need to come back tomorrow.. everything should be fine. Thanks for being so reassuring.
Currently: Instead of being tucked safely away in the College of Liberal Arts office, the folder containing my entire college career is on. my. desk.

Maybe the rest of the week will get better. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Hope that your week got better Alex. Those weeks were always hard. Enjoy your weekend and have some relaxation.

    ReplyDelete