Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

23 Years Ago

It's no mystery that some of the buildings on Auburn's campus are pretty old.  Parker Hall, where I have all of my math and physics classes, went up in 1963 (according to Auburn's website).  So I really shouldn't be surprised when I find stuff like this on the seat in front of me:


But I was surprised.  Fascinated actually.  It's just kind of crazy how college kids still do the same things, decade after decade.  Some kid was sitting in my exact same seat in 1988, thinking "Good grief, this circuit mess doesn't make a lick of sense.  Oh wait, maybe if they'd lay off the AC in this building I'd actually be warm enough for my brain to thaw, and I'd be able to learn something.  And wouldn't it be funny if I put this sticker [that those annoying people on the concourse gave me] on the seat in front of me?  I wonder who Bush Quayle is?"  So much is the same.  Granted the ash trays on the wall in this same classroom go largely unused, thank heavens, but you get the point.

Maybe in 2012, I'll put a cool _____, ______ 2012 sticker on the seat in front of me.  Then in 2035, some kid will think the same things I did today.  

And I sure hope that sticker has the name of our 45th president.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's an old sticker. The first George Bush and his vice president Dan Quayle.

    ReplyDelete