Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Fly Fort: Bedroom Tour

Like the rest of our house, the bedroom is a work in progress. So far, here are my favorite details of this wonderful little space.

 The headboard was made by my grandfather as a wedding gift. The wood is from an early 1900's barn. 

I added a few words to the wood which always reminds me of this song

 The handkerchief was a gift from my aunt on my wedding day and has both my old and new initials. The lovely gift happens to be something old, something new, and something blue

This dresser has been in my room forever, and I bought some new knobs from Anthropologie to brighten it up a little. Eventually I hope to strip it and paint it white. 

 Another print that makes me happy. I got the frame from Hobby Lobby a few years ago and added some string to make the display a little different!

This adventure jar is the newest addition. The Kilner jars are awesome ways to store food, but I had a few extra. Thus, the adventure jar was born. As a modern day version of a piggy bank, this will be a great place to store spare change and save up for future adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment