Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Homemade


My love for pop tarts is well-known. My pantry is rarely found to be without these tasty toaster pastries, and I'm completely okay with that.  Sophomore year at Auburn I sadly made the discovery that the 200 calories listed on the box was for ONE pop tart. Not for one package. My heart was broken and I had a brief hiatus from the yummy treats. After all, they tricked me. But now all is well, and I just try to limit my intake. 
So when I saw the recipe for these homemade cinnamon pop tarts, I had to try them out. 

 This was before they went in the oven, while I was crossing my fingers and hoping they would be edible.

 My workspace in the kitchen always ends up messy.

 After they came out of the oven. You can see in the background that some of them did not hold very well. Luckily they tasted better than they looked. 

 The recipe was long and they took quite a long time to make, but it was worth the time and mess. The pastries stay good for five days…not that they'll last that long.

Sidenote: A commercial just came on for PEANUT BUTTER POP TARTS. This is not a drill. I think I may be in heaven. Now excuse me; I must go to the grocery store.

2 comments:

  1. haha I will never forget your love for peanut butter! I still put peanut butter in my oatmeal thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... I'm just now seeing this. The peanut butter pop tart coincidence was purely ESP. Good to know roomie telepathy survives the distance.

    ReplyDelete