Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer finale

Well, for better or for worse, classes toward my next degree begin this Monday.  I've had a REALLY fun summer, but I'm definitely ready to add a little (or a lot of...) structure back in my life.  And a break from wedding planning.  {All I can say is I'm glad I never considered event planning as a profession.}  I've done a terrible job blogging lately, but hey -- I've been on the move!  I've gone out of town every single weekend this month and also been gone at least 14 nights or so.  I definitely didn't document enough of it, but here's some moments I did manage to capture.

(1) Hanging out around Bham

Riding home from church

(2)  Weekend trip to Nashville to see Liz, Cuddles and Beyonce (no oxford comma just for my favorite journalism graduate!).

With Cuddles

Liz's second home

The Parthenon -- classic tourist picture

The bicentennial mall

Hipster coffee shop -- I forgot the name (:-\)

Liz and I waiting to enter the Bridgestone Arena

Queen Bey, herself

(3) Horn's Creek church camp with the whole family (-daddy)


(4)  Brittney's wedding weekend

Rehearsal dinner -- definitely wouldn't have survived middle/high school without these ladies!

The Bride herself

I caught the bouquet; Charles is clearly excited about this as well as the opportunity to wear my purse.

(4)  Weekend trip to Houston to see One Direction 

Caroline street!

The tree just reminded me of the Toomers Oaks when they were only half-dead.  ::tear::

Waiting in line for the concert

This picture doesn't even begin to capture J's excitement

The boys (1D)

Plane ride back to Birmingham

(5)  Half-baked cookie from Urban Cookhouse.  SO YUMMY.


3 comments:

  1. HALF BAKED COOKIE OH MY GOODNESS YUM.

    "My next degree"=secret status.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I didn't know Urban Cookhouse had cookies.... this could be a problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the cookies come with ice cream on top, too. My lactose-intolerant self had to scrape it off before it melted into the goodness!

    ReplyDelete