Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

the perfect day.

Life has been crazy around here. Let's see…since I last posted, I traveled to a different country, moved to another state, and got a new last name. 
Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do. Here's a brief rundown of our wedding weekend. 
Friday: bridesmaid brunch, rehearsal at J&D, rehearsal dinner




Saturday: wedding!
We took thousands of pictures,  but I don't have any on my camera…so here's a sneak peek from our wonderful photographer!

The day was absolutely perfect. I married my best friend while surrounded by all of my amazing friends and family. There was not a cloud in the sky and the decorations came together just like we hoped. My grandfather performed the ceremony, which made everything that much more special. While the world tells us that your wedding day is all about you, I was reminded that the day is not about me. It's not even about us. It's about the Lord displaying his love, mercy, and grace through us. It's about the people around us that have supported us throughout our lives, and have taught us to love Christ and one another. It's a celebration of all these things and people, and, I hope, that it was a day that pointed people to Christ and served as a reminder that we love because He first loved us

No comments:

Post a Comment