Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ohio: Road Trip

About a month ago*, Amanda & Corey {Charles's sister and BIL} took me and Charles on a road trip to Ohio and back.  

The itinerary:

Day 1:  Drive to Huntsville to meet A&C.  Lunch in Nashville at Demos'.  Drive to Louisville.

Downtown touristy Nashville

Day 2:  Tour of Churchill Downs.  Drive to Sandusky, Ohio.

Twin spires



on the track!

Failed attempt at mimicking a jockey

Obligatory Face-In-Hole

"Props" from the infield

Day 3 & 4:  All day at Cedar Point.  And when I say all day, I mean we were there when the park opened and when the park closed.  I would post pictures -- but since many of the rides didn't even allow bags/ accessories in the line, I didn't take anything with me.  No phone, no wallet, nothing.  I probably needed one of those identification bracelets in case I got lost or something.  After the John Mayer ticket incident, I wasn't about to put anything valuable in my pockets.  But the guys rode all 16 roller coasters, and we averaged about 13+ rides per day.  The coasters were so incredible; Cedar Point basically spoiled every other amusement park I'll ever go to.  You can't beat the quality of rides.  (Also, day 4 included a drive to Cleveland after the park closed.)


Day 5:  Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Indians baseball game.  I'll let the pictures do the talking for the Hall of Fame, but the Indians game included $1 hotdog night (the stadium sold 60,000+ dogs!), a walk-off homer for the Indians' win, and a Beatles-themed firework show.



Elvis's car


Beatles wall


Katy Perry costume

Celebrating the win



 Day 6:  Drive back to Birmingham.

My first real road trip was a definite success!

* yikes, where has the time gone!?

No comments:

Post a Comment