Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Wedding planning 101


If you haven't heard from me lately, it's probably because wedding planning is a bit consuming. There are so many great ideas out there and SO many decisions to make about the big day! Here's a few necessities for planning and finding inspiration (besides pinterest)…

  • Green Wedding Shoes
  • Wedding magazines (Real Simple Weddings, Southern Weddings, etc.)  
  • Coffee. obviously. 
  • Moleskine
  • Microsoft Excel. so. many. lists.
  • Day Planner
If I don't write down everything, I will probably forget.
Example 1: I lost my car.  Literally. I walked out of the apartment to drive to the post office and could not find my car. I panicked, of course, and walked back inside. Then I remembered that I had driven to campus yesterday morning. Apparently I completely forgot that I had driven and found another way to get home. The scary part is that I did not ever remember this until very late in the next day, and only when I was searching for my car.
My roommates think I'm crazy, and rightfully so.
This is just one example of what wedding planning does to a perfectly sane person. Okay, maybe I wasn't 100% sane to begin with. But still. 

In other news, we saw the place where we are getting married!! I couldn't ask for a better venue or nicer people to work with. Here's a sneak peek (you might've seen this on instagram):
Eeeek!! So much excitement.

5 comments:

  1. We don't think you're crazy!! But you did leave out Adobe Illustrator from your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I found it interesting. Also I need to know one more thing. Is bridal shows a good option to get the vendors? Waiting for your response.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to any bridal shows… I have just done most of the research online out of convenience!

      Delete
  3. Its really cool to read your blog. Also the points, its really informative. Thanks
    Bridal Extravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really a nice post and also an informative one. The wedding planning is not an easy one. The engaged people should use the free wedding planner iPad app to ease the wedding tension.

    ReplyDelete