Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

surprises and smiles.

 September 4, 2012. 
Here's what went down on this memorable day…
Got out of class at 3:15 and hurried home because Kevin wanted to go to the park before my meeting at 5. After rushing home, I quickly grabbed a slice of pizza and my water bottle from the fridge because I was starving. Obviously I had no idea what was in store because stuffing your face with cold pizza clearly isn't the most romantic thing. So after Kevin picked me up, we headed to Kiesel park to lay in the hammock and work on homework. We walked up and Kevin suggested we post up under the pavillion since it might rain. Umm okay. Still no idea. We walk up and I see pictures of us lined up under the pavillion, with candles along the way. Starting to freak out. I ask him repeatedly, "What IS this?" as we continue to walk down the path. We stop and Kevin gets his Bible out and reads from Ephesians 5 (Husbands love your wives…) and John 13 (Jesus washes his disciples' feet). Umm... still in shock over here! He washes my feet and tells me a lot of sweet things (insert mushy stuff here) and continually talks about keeping our focus on Christ. Down on one knee, he asks me those four words that every girl dreams about: "Will you marry me?" I don't actually remember saying yes, but I know I did because he slipped a beautiful ring on my finger!

Cary, Liz, and Caroline emerged from behind trees, trash cans, and bushes--all with a camera in hand. So thankful for such great friends to capture the whole proposal!


After a quick photo shoot and several phone calls, we went back to Kevin's apartment and, little did I know, there were surprises still in store. Sweet friends and both of our families drove down to celebrate the excitement with us and I was so happy they did!

It was a day I will never forget and I am so blessed to see how the Lord has worked in both of our lives and how He always has a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment