Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bridesmaids Boxes: DIY


So I knew I wanted to do something special to ask my bridesmaids and after seeing this blog post, I knew I wanted to do something similar! (Although mine were not quite as elaborate or detailed since I'm still in the first stages of planning)

Here are the steps I went through to accomplish the final product…

Buy wooden boxes from Hobby Lobby. I was originally going to get them all the same box, but of course HL didn't have 7 of the same size. But it was okay because it made each of the girls' gifts that much more unique!

Paint each of them with a base coat of white paint.

 Put down tape on the edges before painting the tops with chalkboard paint. (I highly recommend not using spray paint because even though it was quick, it ended up being more messy than I thought)
Come up with list of what to put inside the boxes. Here's what mine had:
               -notebook
               -my flowers (fake- from Hobby Lobby)
               -my colors (paint swatches from Home Depot)
               -other details that will be in my wedding: Lace and burlap (found burlap cutouts in the
                   scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby
               -note (I came up with a poem…total English major move)
               -Chocolate




And then the boxes are ready for final touches before asking the girls!
{They all said yes!}

2 comments: