Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Auburn {round four}

I'm already getting sentimental about this being my last year at Auburn, so we will just avoid that subject entirely. Instead, we'll focus on how excited I am to finally have an apartment (And with two of my favorite people!) I didn't want to buy a lot (obviously), so I decorated my pre-furnished room with a mixture of borrowed and recycled things. I had so much fun crafting my last week home and I'm excited to live in this space for the next year!


 My great-great uncle found my headboard washed up on the beach after a hurricane some years ago. After some paint and twinkly lights behind it, this piece fits perfectly. Since I like changing things up pretty often, I painted the pallet above my bed with some chalkboard paint and now I have the option to switch out the writings! I found the vintage map of Europe in downtown Homewood  and the bird cage-photo holder at a store in Opelika. And remember this bedside table? I decided to use it as a bookshelf instead. Typical English major move.


I found the inspiration for this pallet here except I used this salvaged pallet to hang jewelry above my dresser. We added some knobs from Anthro and a little lace to dress it up. I will probably add something else to the middle row since it still looks a little bare. 


I found this picture of an old gas pump at home and knew that I wanted it somewhere in my room! The photo was taken by my wonderful grandmother and I framed it with a wooden frame from Hobby Lobby.


I also knew that I wanted some sort of collage above my desk and this is what I ended up with! The antlers were given to my mom by my great grandfather; the cross and the framed photo/poem on the right were found at antique stores. Oh, and if you are wondering about the super intense photo of the Indian…that's Chief War Eagle.

Here's to senior year, vintage photos, and turning the old into new.

No comments:

Post a Comment