Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

true joy and a tutu.

This past week, I was blessed with the opportunity to take pictures of my favorite one-year-old (Ava Hayes) and her sweet momma. 
Here are a few of my favorites:
When I look back at these pictures, I see the joy that Ava Hayes had when she was simply playing in a park with her mom. She found joy in having tickle fights, walking around, looking at the dogs, and eating cheerios on a quilt. I wonder why everyone can't be as happy as a one-year-old and find joy in the simple things. Then I remember that Jesus calls us to be like children. In Matthew 18, Jesus says, "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." We really should situate ourselves so that we are completely dependent on God. It is only in that place where we will find true joy.

1 comment: