Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Movement

Last weekend, I made the long and arduous journey to... Birmingham, Alabama.

Kidding.

The drive is only 2 hours.  And since Kelsey so kindly let me hitchhike with her (two-thumbs up to that*), I didn't even have to put my pedal to the metal.

Anywho, I got to "work" D-Now at home.  And I say "work" because it was REALLY fun.  The girls in my group (and my co-leader, Janie) were all ROCKSTARS, AND I still had time to catch up with my HS friends.

Feed My Starving Children, rocking the hair nets
The weekend included solid teaching, meaningful worship, good conversations, new friends, Feed My Starving Children, and the long-anticipated Hoedown Throwdown (aka Redneck Olympics).  My station was the Toilet Seat Chuck.  Good stuff.

hanging out in our hoedown garb

my favorite cowboy made the journey, too!

classic dnow (sleep-deprived) picture


* that was a pun.  just in case you missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment