Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Very Mini Polaroids: DIY



Part of the joy in taking photos is having prints of your photos. I recently started a scrapbook (Yeah, I've become that girl) to document our newlywed lives and I finally started printing out photos. I debated using a printing company to make instagram polaroids, but  decided to save a few bucks and print them myself. I used iPhoto, and it was super easy and quick. Plus I only used one sheet of paper for 17 photos!

First, I selected all of the photos I wanted to print by holding down the shift key. I suggest making a temporary album with the photos to make the selection easier. Then go to File>Print. Click on Contact Sheet and then Customize. Your page should look something like this.


To get rid of the titles under each photo (assuming you don't want words below your pictures), go to Settings and uncheck the Title box. You can change the number of columns at the bottom. I used 4 columns, but I think next time I will try 3 for a bit bigger polaroids. 

Then all you have to do is print and cut them out to look like mini polaroids! I used matte paper and it worked perfectly. I'm not a huge fan of the glossy photo paper, but that would work too. 


 Easy as pie. I'm not sure why they use that saying, easy as pie. Pies are not always easy. Or maybe that's just me. 

If you don't have iPhoto, you should be able to do the same thing with Word. You can drag your photos, resize them to whatever size suits you (I recommend somewhere around a 2x3) and determine the number of columns depending on how many photos fit in a row. A helpful way to save paper and time is to make the margins smaller so you can fit more photos per piece of paper. Again, print on matte or gloss photo paper and cut. If you're a perfectionist, use a ruler to make them all the same size. If you're like me, you can just guesstimate. 

 

Pin them on a bulletin board, put them in a photo keepsake box, or place them in a scrapbook and enjoy having your memories printed!

No comments:

Post a Comment