Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Forever Like That

First of all, shout out to Alex for re-vamping the blog.  It looks great!

Okay, so I realize that Alex has outblogged me like 100:1 the past few weeks.  I'd like to say I'll do better.... but that's probably not going to happen.

Here's a quick recap of the past few weeks.

(1)  Bryan Adams concert with Daddy.  Confession: I knew who he was because of the movie "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" (he was featured on a large portion of the soundtrack).  Turns out, he's REALLY good live, AND he sang a "Spirit" song.  


(2)  Lots of class.  This photo is me modeling "glaucoma glasses," glasses that imitate what it's like to see like a person with glaucoma.  Unfortunately(?), trying on different diseases is not the typical class.


Macie trying to read with glaucoma glasses

(3)  White Coat ceremony.  Three weeks in to class, UAB held a ceremony for their latest victims.  This coat is perfect for my "professional" wardrobe because a) it "matches" everything and b) I'm always cold.


(4)  BEN RECTOR'S NEW ALBUM CAME OUT TODAY!!!!!!  If you've EVER read my blog entries you know I have a Ben Rector problem.  I've lost count of how many of his concerts I've been to (9?), and according to iTunes I've played "The Beat" 262 times.  I fell in love with his song "Forever Like That" at a concert in October 2011, and I've been on pins and needles waiting for it to come out since then.  

Disclaimers: (1) the video below of "Forever Like That" isn't my own; (2) it's hopelessly romantic.




First thing I did this morning!

Now go listen to his album.




No comments:

Post a Comment