Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

SB Kickoff

Welcome to Grammy's 

Woo hoo, Spring Break is officially here!  This morning I headed to my grandparents' house for a quick visit.  Grammy quickly put me on a pre-cruise diet: a plan that involves stretching the stomach in anticipation of the copious amounts of food on a cruise.  After fried fish, pinto beans, macaroni and cheese, turnip greens, sweet potatoes, slaw, hush puppies, and oatmeal cookies, my stomach was really feeling the work out.

the pretty place setting

Grammy also took me on a tour of her garden.



the water's still a little low

The tour was complete with classic Grammy stories: "Now here are stump holes.  One afternoon Joseph and I decided to burn them stumps, and by the morning they burned all the way to China."


Most of the furniture in my grandparent's house has been there for as long as I can remember.  When I asked Grammy why she got a new chair, she replied: "[She] was humongous, and as soon as she came in the door she went straight to that chair.  I was so scared that she was gonna break it.  It'd be embarrassing for her, and my great-granddaddy's chair would be ruined.  You really shouldn't keep around chairs that fat people can't sit in."


No comments:

Post a Comment