Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

our mission field.


i look down at my left wrist and adjust the bracelets. one sticks out to me more than the others. its faded orange fabric reminds me of a spanish speaking country and it reminds me to pray for the people there. and i realize that guatemala is not so different from here. i think of R, who gave his life to Christ and invited us to eat his birthday cake with him. i'm reminded of the meeting between him and a godly professor at the university. it wasn't a cordial meeting between a student and a teacher. it was much more than that. there was a hardy embrace, the professor welcoming the newly-professed follower as his brother in Christ. the Lord unites his followers. and i think of A, i think of her callous heart, so put off by our faith and so obviously hurt by the people of the church. i pray for her, and for others like her: Lord, soften her heart. may you bring growth to the seed planted and remove the searing pain of what has hurt her. draw her to yourself. 

many more stories flood my mind, but i stop reminiscing and start thinking about my current mission field. the Lord constantly reminds me that i can go on mission trips, but my life should consist of one unifying mission.  and it's the same underlying mission that should dictate our everyday lives: make his Name famous. it's not about me; it never was, and it never will be.

please join me in praying for boldness & focus in Christ's followers around the world and around our neighborhood. pray for the hearts of those who hear his Word and have not accepted it as truth. also join in praying for my sweet roomie, who is pouring into the lives of highschool students this weekend. may God speak through her and impact those girls.

yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and your renown
are the desire of our hearts.
Isaiah 26:8

No comments:

Post a Comment