Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Auburn football experience



The date was November 10th, and Auburn hosted Georgia.  The score was a lot to a little.  Actually a lot to nothing.  But that's not why I'm frowning.  Today I experienced my last Auburn game as a student.

It's been a very fast four seasons.  I will attempt to summarize each one in a few words.

2009:  The year I had good seats.  As a very football-enthused freshman, I arrived at the games early and stayed until the end, despite a mediocre season.  Memorable games: West Virginia (the game it flooded), Kentucky (the game I almost froze to death), and Alabama (the game we blew).

2009 Iron Bowl

2010:  The year Auburn was good.  Winning is fun, and most of Auburn's games came down to the wire.  Memorable games: Arkansas (the shootout), LSU (when I realized Auburn was good), Alabama (the game I didn't watch), and Oregon (the game that won it all).

National Championship game

2011:  The post-NC slump.  Auburn started losing again, and I almost got thrown up on by crazy intoxicated college students one too many times.  I developed a new appreciation for the "non-student section."  Memorable games: none Alabama (Charles braved the Auburn student section AND we didn't kill each other - success?).

2011 Iron Bowl

2012:  The year Auburn was terrible.  Despite the record, I added road games to my repertoire.  I ventured to the Clemson game in Atlanta and the Vandy game in Nashville.  Memorable games: Clemson (just because it was indoors), LA-Monroe (because Auburn won), and Vandy (I got to sit with Alex and Kevin on the front row).

And now for a thorough documentation of pre-game (hey - I though I might as well get good use out of carrying my camera around all day!).






WAR EAGLE!



1 comment: