Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Awkward Years

This weekend I moved back home from my dorm in Auburn.  If only I had a picture of the pile of stuff in my floor...  I will probably have nightmares about it.  Clearly, I had little-to-no room left in my closet for everything I brought home.  So that only meant one thing: it was time.  It was time to clean out my closet.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not an extremely messy person.  About once or twice a year, I just clean my closet.  Take everything out, wipe down shelves, rearrange, straighten, etc.  But this time I had to clean OUT my closet.

So about 3 hours later I had realized the following:
1)  I have been so very blessed to have so many clothes.
2)  I had about 30 tshirts, 25 shirts, and 20 pair of pants that needed to go.
3)  The majority of these had not been worn since MIDDLE SCHOOL.  Generally, I don't get rid of something unless it doesn't fit.  Now I realize that this is not really a good theory since I'm no longer growing (and haven't for... oh... at least 6 years), but I just have a hard time rationalizing getting rid of something that I could still potentially wear.  Part of me doesn't want to waste, yet part doesn't want the clutter.  Obviously, moving home was the breaking point.  The clutter had to go.

... which brings me to my last point...

4)  I wore awkward clothes in middle school.  I guess (hope?) that they weren't so awkward at the time.  (Maybe?)  I like to think that that awkwardness is something that everyone goes through, and judging from some of the stuff I found in my closet I definitely went through "that."

Although I didn't find any pictures that fully represented what I discovered in my closet today, I will include these just to represent the era.  {PS - I realize now I don't miss being massively larger than my siblings...}


Click on the pictures for a "better" view.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. my favorite post in quite some time. the pictures are too funny

    ReplyDelete