Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Speechless


On Thursday, May 23, Charles and I decided to go to Sol Azteca for dinner.  If you've never been there, you need to know this (1) you should go, (2) you will eat a lot, and (3) it's the Charles/Caroline date night staple. Ever since the spring semester ended I'd been talking about going to Sibyl Temple or Vestavia Hills Baptist Church to watch the sun set.  We were quickly running out of days to go, so Thursday night was the perfect opportunity.  Plus, the weather was perfect.

We talked for a bit, and Charles gave me a letter.  It didn't say anything particularly out of the ordinary (100 miles apart = lots of letter opportunities), but it was labeled #1.  After a while, Charles asked me if I wanted the second letter.  {this is getting fishy - why write 2 letters when you can write one 1 longer one?}  Letter #2 was a copy of his job offer.  This is really exciting -- awe what a cute way for Charles to surprise me with such great news!

He wasn't finished with surprises.

Then Charles kept talking {sorry, blog-world, you don't get those details}, knelt on one knee, and asked me to marry him.  Very classic.  Oh, and I said yes.  Obviously.  And Charles explained all of the details behind the proposal.

Then things got weird.  I couldn't talk.  I don't remember exactly what came over me, but I definitely wasn't acting like myself.  Ex: when I was putting my stuff back in Charles's truck, I asked him if he had any soap.  And I kept repeating phrases like "you're crazy."  I was just so surprised that I really couldn't believe it had actually happened.  Thankfully I returned back to my normal self after about 30 minutes.  I can honestly say I've never been that speechless.  Happy -- but very speechless.

I also owe a big thank you to CW Newell for capturing on film what I can't really remember.  Haha.  And also a thank you also to Charles for the ring he gave me when he popped the question.

I really can't imagine Charles's scheming up a more perfect night.  I wish I could find words to describe how blessed I am.  I don't think any exist.

apparently I need a lesson in posing my hand


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Woo hoo! Congratulations Caroline!!! I'm so excited for you guys! And you posed your hand perfectly and the pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete