Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally

I have been wanting to see Dave Barnes for a long time.  And as many concerts as I make a point to attend, you'd think I would have been able to make that happen.  Not so.  

Scenario 1:  Dave Barnes is coming to Workplay circa June 2010.  He needs merch help.  Charles and I volunteer.  Free tickets, free CD.  Sounds perfect, right?  Turns out, he came to Workplay to do a comedy routine.  Which is awesome: he's HILARIOUS.  And it was great (plus we "discovered" Steve Moakler that night -- who opened for the comedy show), but I still didn't get to hear Dave sing.

Senario 2:  Dave Barnes is coming to Workplay circa November 2011.  Yesssss.  Finally.  So I buy tickets.  BUT then Alabama decides to come to the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater the same night.  And since a convenient Alabama concert is significantly harder to come by than good ole Dave, he got trumped.  

So this concert was a long time coming.

Pre-concert photographs:




Meet Andrew Ripp {aka Barney Stinson}.


Meet Dave Barnes.



A final thank you goes to Auburn University for not holding class this past Thursday and Friday.  It's safe to say I effectively utilized my dead days.

1 comment: