Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

coffee and a map.

While Caroline worked on her cute yarn wreaths, I was busy with crafts of my own. Here's the progression of the newest addition to my room:
I bought a map at Hobby Lobby.
Said map was way too bright and big to go on my wall...
so I cut it into a reasonable size and stained it using coffee and a sponge brush.

The map needed a frame, so I bought 8 rulers at Wal-Mart for super cheap.
After painting the map with coffee, I also painted the rulers with coffee to make them have more character.
I hot glued the map onto a piece of cardboard.
Then I pulled the glue gun back out to attach the rulers as a border.
After trimming up the card board left around the edges, I painted words of Matthew 28:19 (the Great Commission) as a reminder of the Lord's commands.
So happy with how it turned out and couldn't have done it without the help of my super cool roomie.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. 
-Matthew 28:19-20

1 comment:

  1. Love that!!! Such a great idea and of course the verse is an encouraging one.

    ReplyDelete