Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sunglasses

So here's the long version of my story.

I have very sensitive eyes.  In fact, I have almost no pigment coloring in my retina.  Which basically means I need to wear sunglasses whenever the sun's out.  Or not out.

Over the last few years, my contacts have really started drying my eyes out so I broke down and got some prescription sunglasses.  THEY'RE AWESOME.  Usually.  Until you end up in weird situations.

Well this weekend Auburn played Florida.  At 6 pm.  When I got there at 4:30 pm, the sun was out.  I wore my sunglasses.  But by kickoff my seat was in deep shade.  As were my eyes.  Because I still had on my sunglasses.

And... (if you can't see where this is going yet)... I forgot to take my normal glasses.  And while my vision isn't terrible, I couldn't come close to seeing the football without my sunglasses.  So there I am, watching the ENTIRE night game with my sunglasses on.  As in at 9:30 pm, I still have on my sunglasses.  I'm like that person who thinks it's cool to wear sunglasses indoors except this might be worse because the sun was shining on the opposite side of the earth... not just on the other side of the building's wall.

Not a joke: a random girl two rows in front of me turned around a took a picture of me with my sunglasses on during the game.  She tried to be all nonchalant about it, but she totally wasn't.  Oh well, at least Auburn won.

The short version:  I wore my sunglasses to a night game, and Auburn won.

Maybe I should wear them again.

except I felt really lame

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's hilarious! But hey, we will do whatever we need to do for a win. Maybe you should wear them for Ole Miss too.

    ReplyDelete